Thursday, March 4, 2010

Do Kids EVER Grow Up?

I was looking thru my google reader the other day, and I came across this post on another blog.  As I looked at the thumbnail picture, I wondered about the people I could see-then I realized it was my VERY OWN DAUGHTER! 

Now, we're not talking about my 15 year old-we are talking about my 20 YEAR OLD and her 22 year old friend!!!

Oh the embarrassment!  Oh the humiliation!

Actually, I thought these pictures were hilarious, and I hope you will look also-this is my young friend's blog. 

http://lauramasiker.blogspot.com/2010/02/meet-sally-gertruda-ethel-brunhilda-and.html

Oh, by the way-my daughter is the one in the red shirt with the princess tiara on her head.  =D

As if this humiliation wasn't bad enough(lol), I went to church last night to find another source of great humble-ness. 

Another friend, Anita, (http://www.capturedreflectionz.blogspot.com/) came over before church, and I was telling her to make sure she looked at the bulletin board at the church when we got there.  We had received a dear email from a missionary, and I wanted to make sure she read it because it was an email that had to do with our youth group. 

So anyway!  I get to church, remind her to read the board, and she already had.  When I made my way to the bulletin board, I realized that more than the email from the missionary was up there.  Pictures of my very mature husband were up there too-one of the ones I shared here.

Okay, it's ONE THING if I share these pictures with the worldwide web for millions of people to see.  But to go and put these defamatory pictures up on our CHURCH BULLETIN BOARD-that's ANOTHER THING ALTOGETHER!!! 

Did I mention that the person that put the pics up was our pastor's wife?  And that the pastor told her to do it? 

Did I mention the pastor's wife is my mother-in-law?  (Mama, how could you DO this to me???)

And have I mentioned my husband is a preacher?  And that last night was probably a bad night to expose the truth of this man, since it was he who was preaching?

Okay, so everyone already knows that my husband is, and most likely, will always be young at heart, so I guess it was no big surprise.  :)  But still-where is the MERCY for the preacher's wife???

Okay, one more thing-I'd like to share an article written my my budding blogging daughter-my middle girl.  This is her take on having kitties.  :)

http://teenapproach.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-joy-of-having-kittens.html

Well, I'll see you all next time, like when I have OTHER humiliating info to share with you about my ditziness, or this poor genetic disorder that was passed on to my poor children, or if Dan comes up with some brilliant photographs of himself doing the un-imaginable in one way or another!

Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Faye said...

LOL In my defense, the pictures did not seem to have any bad effect on his message last night -- it was tremendous!! Actually, I didn't think about him preaching until after I had posted them.