Well guess what special little something happened to ME today!
Dakota had a dental appointment today, and because of the insurance, we have to drive over an hour to his dentist.
After the appointment, I came out to my car to find a piece of paper stuffed into the door. Uh-oh. Did I park in a no-parking spot?
I opened up the paper to find this:
An ADMIRER??? Of little ol' me???
As my memory began to work, I recognized the writing. It went along with a phone call I got just shortly ago, telling me that "he" needed to go to the same little city I was in, over an hour away from home. The writing looked familiar because it's the same writing that's been on many cards over the past 18 years.
My baby made my afternoon! ♥
NOW! On to the Five Question Friday!
1. Can you drive a stick shift? I sure can! My first car was a stick shift! I have some great memories of that little car, and I do mean LITTLE! It was about as big a refrigerator box-it was a 1979 Ford Fiesta.
Have you read about the first time I drove it to church after learning to drive a stick shift?
2. What are two foods you just can't eat? Squid and octopus. Yes, I'm serious-they serve them sometimes at the Chinese restaurants. Once, Elissa, Dan and I were at the Chinese restaurant, and Dan got one of each, along with some shrimp (I eat shrimp-LOVE the stuff!). I don't remember the whole scenario, but while eating, Dan decided to play with his food, and the next thing we knew, the squid and octopus were having a fight. And one of them says to shrimp on the plate, "You stay out of this, you little shrimp!".
Yeah, if my walls could talk.....
3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind? I love Girl Scout cookies. I'd like it to go on record that this is a very unfair question for a woman who is working hard at sticking to her diet! I nearly began salivating just THINKING about them! But anyway, I think I like them all! But the butter ones are probably my favorite. (Sorry, it's been a while.)
4. How do you pamper yourself? Hmm....to be truthful, probably by taking naps regularly! My kiddos are old enough that I can just go on upstairs and climb into my wonderful bed with my soft, micro-fiber heating blanket, along with my memory foam pillow. I feel spoiled just talking about it!
5. What is your nickname and how did you get it? My dad gave me a nickname, and I don't know when it wore off-maybe when I got to be nearly as tall as him. It was Midget. He is the only one who called me that. My other nickname that was used by everyone else was Josie. My name isn't Josephine, it's Josanne (I've been asked). Growing up, I was called Josie regularly. I decided I no longer wanted to be called Josie, but Josanne, and today, very few people still call me by my nickname. I don't mind those who do-I know it's not done out of spite or anything.
I hope you all have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!