Thursday, November 25, 2010

ROAD CLOSED, Part 3

Part 3, The Rest Of The Story

Just then, I heard a horn blow, and it was my friend Missy. I turned and ran....well, not really-the water was still up to my knees. I said, "Girl, do you see that man laughing at me??" She looked....I looked....the kids looked....there was no man there. He had conveniently disappeared!


I got in the truck with Missy, and we called another tow truck. They said they would be right out, but Missy's kids had to go to the bathroom, so we left to find the closest restroom.

When we returned, there were two police cruisers sitting at the beginning and end of the road.

One officer came up to Missy's truck and said, "Can I help you ladies?" And then Missy spills the beans! "Um, yeah. That's my friend's car so I hope you're not calling a tow truck because we already have one coming. It's not her fault-she was just trying to get to work, and there were a ton of other cars going right through it, so I hope you're not going to give her a ticket, blah blah blah." All I really heard was, "Tell your friend to give me her driver's license." I'm sure I was white as a ghost at this point.

Just then, we heard, "Calling all cars! Calling all cars in the area of ----! Please get into route. There is a domestic violence going on at blah blah blah." The officer immediately got into his cruiser and sped off.

That was WAY to close!

After that, the tow truck pulled up, looked at the water and proceded to phone to base to tell them the water was too high! "Sorry!", he said, and pulled off!!!

We couldn't believe it! We just looked at each other for a moment.

And from the back seat, we hear, "Mom, I gotta go to the bathroom again!"

"AGAIN??? Can't you hold it?"

"No."

We called the towing company again. They said that what their driver did was wrong, and they would send someone else out.

I decided to wait with the car while Missy took her kiddos to the restroom again. I decided to wade out to the car and push it myself. It was getting late, and I was afraid the police would come back soon. I made it to the car, put it in neutral and started pushing.

"Hey, I see you're stuck! I'm pretty sure I can pull you out of there!" I look up, and there was a guy in a black jeep. He didn't want to get wet, so he had me do the hooking up part. In two minutes, I was out-me and my car were on dry land once again. I thanked him, and he was on his way.

Three tow trucks later, my car was back home.

No comments: