Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Attention Walmart Shoppers!!!

Okay, who DOESN'T love a great bargain?  I do, that's for sure!  Which is why I did what I did just 2 short days ago. 

I went to Walmart with my short list, and of all places, they had a cereal sale in front of the vitamins/cold meds/etc.-the complete opposite side of the grocery section of the store!

A ten ounce bag of Malt-O-Meal cereal was a buck.  Just one dollar.  The boxes you buy only LOOK much bigger, but they're not!  So, with my cereal-loving husband, who eats a bowl of cereal like Lay's Chips-you can't eat just one!-I thought this to be a great opportunity to stock up. 

So, guess what I did?  Yep!  You guessed it!  I filled my cart with 34 bags of cereal.  I mean, really!  If you paid for the regular bags/boxes across the store, you would have spent that much on about 10 boxes of cereal!  I even went over to the regular cereal aisle and CHECKED to make sure I was getting a bargain!  And it's a good thing I had it right-I would have felt really stupid going back to the meds section and setting all the other goodies I found on top of one HUGE box of cereal, so that I could get to the cereal and RE-STOCK it in another one of their HUGE sale boxes, and then put my other goodies back in my cart.  If it wasn't a bargain, I wasn't getting it!

So anyway!  I must admit-I embarrassed myself just a little.  I did consider checking out first thing with just the cereal, putting it in my car, and then coming back in to buy my other groceries and things I needed.  But the Walmart man(the one with the very blond hair that works in sporting goods) convinced me it was A-O-K!

So I walked up and down the aisles of Walmart with my cart filled nearly to the top with cereal, and finally felt better once I explained to friends that I ran into that it was a really great deal, and told others about the great deal in front of the meds section, and then finally covering all of the cereal up with other foods.  Had I not done that, they all might start wondering if I'm expecting again, and having a TERRIBLE craving for Shredded Wheat and Cinnamon Toasters!  Either that, or I might be having the army over for breakfast!

So anyway!  Amber got over her embarrassment, and I laughed and made excuses to everyone while in the check-out line(yep, the two couples behind me DID change check-out aisles!), and we made our merry way home to hide the majority of the stuff.

I think I made one tiny mistake.  What was I thinking when I only grabbed one gallon of milk???

3 comments:

Faye said...

Brought back memories of Coco Wheats and the coupons on the boxes! Ask Dan about them!!

Laura Masiker said...

i really enjoyed this post. It brought a smile to my face and laugh to my lips.

Amber said...

I think I'm traumatized from the embarrassment! :D His name is Mark, btw.