Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sweet, Innocent Mistakes

Did you all know that once upon a time, I was a waitress? Actually, waitressing has been one of my main types of employment during my adult years.

Locally, we have a nice family restaurant, Sam's, owned by Tom. Tom was a great boss, and it's always nice to see him when he visits us at church, or I run into him in town, or see him at his restaurant.

I'm reminded of a time when I worked at Sam's, and I made a very sweet, innocent, INNOCENT, I'm telling you, mistake!!!

During the time I worked at Sam's, Tom was engaged to my husband's cousin. Tom is one of the best bosses I have ever had, always so pleasant, and just a good man all around.

BUT!!!

No matter how BLONd you are, or how good of a boss you have, there are just certain things that should NEVER be said to your employer!!!

One day while I was working, Tom had eaten a meal while he was there. Every good waitress does her best to keep a table clear of dirty dishes, and other things that just clutter up the booth that her customers are sitting in.

I was walking around the restaurant, doing little things that needed done, and I stopped by Tom's booth to clear the condiments he was finished with.

As he was looking down at his paperwork, what I said was, "Are you finished with this honey?"

What it sounded like was, "Are you finished with this, Honey?"

Tom's utterly surprised look turned up toward me as I realized what it had sounded like I said! I quickly tried to re-word my sentence, as I turned 14 shades of red!!!

Thankfully Daniel realizes my Blon roots will always be there, and Jean still married Tom, and didn't worry that I was trying to come between them! I just hope Tom doesn't think of me every time he puts honey on his food....

"Hey, this reminds me of the time when Josanne asked me....."

No comments: