Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blasts From The Past

Hello to all of my wonderful readers!

I know it's been a while since I have posted-it seems plenty has been going on to keep me busy!

I don't have a new story to share, but thought I would go back to some of my old posts from over a year ago, and re-share them with my newer readers.  I hope you will enjoy! 

The Shopping Cart Story

Doesn't it feel good to do a good deed for another person?


I'm sure you are all familiar with how the sidewalks are built at most stores, with the ramp that allows shopping carts and wheelchairs easy access from the parking lot to the store's sidewalk.

A few years ago, I was heading into the grocery store, and saw an elderly man with a cart, next to the ramp to go up to the sidewalk. I thought I would offer to take his cart so that he didn't have to push it back up the ramp, saving him the extra energy he would have to put into taking the shopping cart back to the store. It's always been nice when others have done this for me-its my turn once again to return the favor to another. I said something along the lines of, "Sir, can I take that for you?" And he said, "Sure." So I took the cart, and having done my "good deed of the day", my footsteps felt a little lighter as I entered the store to grab a few groceries.

I didn't need much, so I quickly made it up the first aisle to the back of the store, and down the next aisle, heading back to the front section of the store.

The entrance of the store caught my eye. The man I helped with the shopping cart was standing in the doorway, looking around! To my great embarrassment, I then realized that I had not helped this man at all--I had taken his cart!!! Oh boy.....

I was relaying this story to a friend, and she asked if I had apologized to him. Of course not!!! I was trying to blend in with the tomatoes---why would I make myself known again??? Hadn't I done enough already?

Well, I got all the items I needed, and headed for the checkout. He was there, with his new shopping cart, checking out too. So needless to say, I thought I'd just, you know, hang out with the frozen veggies for a few minutes.

Have you ever noticed what an interesting section of the store the frozen veggie section is? :)

No comments: