Friday, December 14, 2012
A Question And 5QF!
Here we are, coming up on the end of another year! I'm the type who almost always sets goals for the next year, how about you?
If you've read my blog in the past, you've seen that I have written mostly about humorous things that have happened in my life, such as the time I accidentally stole some elderly man's shopping cart. Or the time my daughter's friend asked if Pennsylvanians hunt with machine guns. Ah, the good times!
Over time, I ran low on stories, and there was a time I hit major brain block, and felt no inspiration.
And then, life took on some great changes, and my hubby and I and our children (the two who still live at home) moved to a new city and started a Pentecostal church. I decided to change the theme of my blog, and share more things that are relevant to real life, every day living. I have a few posts in draft that I plan to start posting in January.
I've found that one of my greatest desires in life is to write. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'm hoping my fellow bloggers can help me out here because I do have a question:
How do you continue to have fresh ideas?
This is the fear I face-that I'll begin to blog again, but will quickly run out of ideas. I started this blog just about four years ago. At one point, I decided to quit blogging, and took about a year off. A few months back, I decided to blog again. Have you had any similar experiences?
I would really love to have some input, and I thank you in advance.
1. If you bake during the holidays, what is your favorite thing to make? I don't normally do any special baking for the holidays, but this year, Amber and I are getting together with friends (a lady and her daughter) to make cookies!
2. Present giving: Gift bag vs wrapped box? I usually wrap things. Gift bags are great for those odd shaped things tho!
3. What do you keep your thermostat on during the winter/summer in your house? In the winter, 72 to 73 is good in this house. I know that seems just a touch high, but it is most comfortable there, and Dan feels the same, which is unusual. It's probably has something to do with this house that we are currently renting. It's an older home, and maybe just doesn't hold the heat in as well. For summer? The thermostat is off, and the air conditioners are on. Not sure what temperature is most comfortable tho.
4. When thinking of your "Christmas to-do list" what percentage "done" are you? Oh.....I'd say I'm about 30% done. Dan and I will probably go out together someday soon to get our children their gifts. I do have a few things, but need to finish up. I'll admit-I'm having a hard time figuring out just what to get for my 14 year old son. He's not much into video games (thankfully!), and it seems the choices are limited for his age group! Any ideas for me?
5. Do you do the "Elf on a Shelf"? If so, is your Elf naughty and what shenanigans has he gotten into? I am not sure if I had even heard of Elf on a Shelf until this year! So no, can't say that I do it. I have seen a few pictures of other people's Elves tho. Some have been cute. =)
Well, my friends, thank you for stopping by! I do appreciate comments, and am really hoping you all will leave some for me with your helpful ideas. Have a wonderful weekend!